Tim Van Damme Inspired by Tim Vand Damme

Me who?

My photo
dO you really care?? really? in my presence u would have acted like you care.. but..it cant be the same now..isn't it??

Blog

May 19, 2010

Once more?

Am jotting down when it is still fresh in memory. My memory. So, all expressions and observations are subjective. Writing about the day w/o mentioning names is kinda letdown to the whole point of writing this piece.

First impressions:

Earlier the day, when people were slowly arriving at the bar, the game already had begun. Boys took east. Girls went west. And I thought Tug O' War would be the best game to play. The mood was upbeat all over but many in both camps were thinking whether to mix with the other or just forget it. I thought this will be just another RFC or Banglore trip kinda where in people really loved to be in their comfortable zones.
I was wrong. Ok, not totally!

Rose & Roses:

This became kinda tradition in our coll. The idea was simple. Guys were given 2 Red roses. Girls were given 2 Yellow roses. One has to pick two from the opposite sex as his/her choice.
What's complex is playing with the data: Why certain X chose Y? Even more complex if X is a girl.

In freshers' Party, most of the girls chose a dude who they considered safe. No strings attached.
Come to farewell, their intentions were written all over their face. Only change was that this time, our dude was neglected. Not that he is no more safe. They chose boys closer with respect to their number on the roll list. That's not improbable as those boys would be the ones they had spent a lot of time. What's surprising is the precision with which they obeyed this rule. I correctly guessed more than 10 rose pairs and that is no fluke. Believe me, reading brains is too much fun.


Dance Dance Revo:

Everyone danced. Period.
The tracks played were not that great. But all of them had this 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 loop. That is enough to cut loose.

Earlier today, Upesh asked me to show some moves. I did. Later, on the dance floor, he was dancing like there's no tomorrow. And none of the steps were from what I had shown him earlier. Awesome.
There was too much stuff happening all around to observe and I have to dance too. So, I , for once, joined them.

Mr, M(r)s, Na-Reals:

Very interesting idea. No doubt about it. But, very poorly executed. Lots of time wasted in distribution and collection of chits bearing nominee list.
I don't know who'd come up with that "cutting-edge" idea to mark the selection, but that was cool and spot-on.

P.S:
Farewells aren't meant to celebrate more than once. But thats exactly what/how I felt.
Once more?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

d rose and roses reminds me of jhon nash's theory in 'Beautiful mind' muvie!! :P

Krishna Kanth.M said...

That's about probability. This is about certainty. :P

Post a Comment


Picky thoughts! Design by Insight © 2009