Tim Van Damme Inspired by Tim Vand Damme

Me who?

My photo
dO you really care?? really? in my presence u would have acted like you care.. but..it cant be the same now..isn't it??

Blog

May 22, 2009

Before IPL and After IPL

In my early days I have been ardent fan of Indian cricket, I repeat Indian cricket. Sachin Tendulkar was my favourite. As a matter of fact, in those days I was not at all interested in watching a match when India was not one of the playing teams. May be thats a reason that made Sachin as my favourite. 

With time, my devotion to Sachin grown exponentially. I even used to curse Brian Lara when people started to compare him with Little Master on the grounds of judging "The Best Batsmen of the Era". I used to stop watching cricket after sachin's got out.

It went on same lines untill the advent of IPL. It changed the way cricket is watched,analysed and talked about atleast with me. With a heroic innings by one or other for almost every day, by both foriegn players and Indian players, the change is overwhelming.

This post has been my immediate urge to express emotions I underwent after the Gilchrist innings. In every "India Vs Australia" match I used to celebrate on his failure and curse on his onslaught on Indian bowlers. Not anymore!
He is just an example of players that caught my attension, many of them are in their youth unlike Gilly.

This IPL, irrespective of its result has been a relevation for me. May be its time to watch cricket for its sheer brilliance. 

1 comments:

dheeraj kashyap vemuganti said...

its true but test cricket lasts for ever.........''its as classy as little master''

Post a Comment


Picky thoughts! Design by Insight © 2009